Identifying cough symptoms in kids
A child suffering from a cough or flu is a matter of great concern for the parents. If the symptoms are minor, parents often try to treat it using home remedies or commonly available nonprescriptive over-the-counter medicines.
When a child has a cough, the situation is often seen to worsen when he or she is lying down. This is only because all the mucus gets accumulated in the back of the throat. Cough symptoms are often seen in kids, and this might be an indication of mainly two things- either asthma or throat and cold infection. The major problem of a cough is that it varies in type and the symptoms are different.
Understanding the symptoms would only help parents treat their kids in a better way.
• Persistent ticklish feeling in the airway
• Lack of mucus secretion
• Mostly happens at night, making it difficult for the kids to get a sound sleep
• The chest feels lighter.
Wet cough (a congestion cough or a chronic cough)
• Strains of blood in cough.
• A feeling of runny liquid at the back of the throat
• Continuous coughing accompanied with a hoarse voice
• Coughing, accompanied with a runny nose
Whooping cough in children
A whooping cough is tough to be distinguished or identified separately as it has symptoms which are very similar to common cough symptoms in children. It is only understood when any kid seems to have:
• An unexpected fatigue
• Vomiting along with continuous coughing
• A high pitch sound of a cough
Kids are too small to understand or feel the irritation of a cough, or severity of the cough symptoms. Some children might even not be bothered about their sickness and would only react when they are too much in pain or are unable to sleep at night. Thus, parents need to be aware and identify the different cough symptoms and consult a doctor or give them medicines accordingly.
Five healthy drinks to aid your weight lossRead More
Our desire for luxury and our fast-paced life has affected everything right from our education, family life, our work to our health. It is very ironic that our ancestors who didn’t experience our sort of luxuries were the ones fitter than us and they definitely led happier and longer lives. Our health has become a real cause of concern as majority of the population suffers from cardiovascular diseases, high cholesterol, blood pressure related issues, PCOD, respiratory diseases, etc. Most of these ailments are triggered by obesity which is sadly on the rise because of the unhealthy lifestyle that everyone has adopted. Obesity in childhood is an invitation for a series of ailments that can leave us damaged for the rest of their lives. But again, where there’s a will, there’s a way.
If losing weight is your prime motive and you sweat it out for hours in the gym or practice yoga religiously , then there’s something that can act as a catalyst in helping you achieve your goals faster. These days people resort to plenty of health drinks that guarantee faster weight loss. Some of them are genuine ones while others merely play on people’s insecurities. But here are some genuine health drinks that would aid you in your journey to lose weight.
- Green tea is one of the most effective health drinks that almost half of the population vouches for. It increases your metabolism and boosts your immunity system. If you feel queasy after a heavy lunch, sip on some green tea, you would notice the difference right away. Also, it is a great source of antioxidants!
- The combination of lemon, honey and hot water has been aiding weight loss since ages. It increases your metabolism which helps you burn your calories faster. Also, the honey in this combination energizes you when you workout.
- Vegetable juices are a very popular choice when it comes to losing weight. It has a lot of fiber that helps reduce your food cravings and satiates you. You feel fuller once you had it and you won’t be eyeing the cookie jar for the next few hours.
- Black coffee is credited with increasing your body temperature and thereby increasing your metabolic activity. Two cups of black coffee are enough keep your food cravings at the bay for a few hours.
- Cranberry juice aids your weight loss as it is high in antioxidants and prevents water retention in your body. The added advantage is that it tastes yummy!
These are just some of the few health drinks that help you in your journey to lose weight. You can definitely surf the internet for different ideas to make health drinks that can bring you closer to your goal.
What are 7 days gluten free diet plans?Read More
The 7 days gluten free diet plans specially designed by culinary experts and nutritionists are known to offer nutritionally balanced and delicious gluten-free meals at 5 different calorie levels. These 5-calorie levels include 1200, 1400, 1600, 1800, and 2000 calories. The gluten free recipes do not include food products like barley, wheat, oats, and rye. In the meal plan are included some gluten-free products like cookies, pasta, and breads.
Gluten Free-Diet Plan
The 7 days gluten free diet plans for different calorie levels vary. For example, for the 1200-calorie level, the 7-Day Gluten Free Meal Plan that must be followed is as follows:
You can have a quick breakfast such as taco, 1 medium orange, 1 cup skimmed milk on the first day, and 1 cup of honeydew melon can be eaten as the morning snack. For lunch you should eat a tossed salad (mix 1 cup with oil salad dressing and vinegar), sliced tomatoes, 1 cup skim milk, and 3 ounces cooked chicken breast without skin. For afternoon snack, it is best to have fresh baby carrots.
Gluten Free Food for Dinner
The last meal of the day, dinner, is also very important and you can have bistro beef tenderloin, half cup cooked brown rice, 1 medium nectarine, and half cup steamed green beans. All these food items are healthy gluten-free products that are scientifically proven as healthy foods. Including gluten-free foods in your diet is an excellent way to achieve the goal of weight loss. You can kick start your healthy regime with scientifically and nutritionally balanced breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Some of the snack time and breakfast time gluten-free foods that can be relished include gluten-free lemon buddies, homemade original chex cereal, and gluten-free chili chocolate bars.
It is difficult and challenging at times to plan a meal, especially when you need to follow a diet that is free from gluten. You can try out the 7 days gluten-free meal plans with simple gluten-free recipes available online. Starting with Sunday, the items that can be included for breakfast are yogurt parfait to go, flax and apple raisin oatmeal, creamy green smoothie with a hint of mint, sweet potato pancakes, egg and spinach bowls, gluten-free blueberry pancakes, and pomegranate banana ginger blast.
Delicious Gluten Free meals
These delicious and comprehensive meal plans designed for 7 days of a week are mouth-watering and very healthy to eat. Many different types of food items can be prepared with gluten-free ingredients and the recipes of gluten free meals are available online and even in recipe books. The gluten free diet is very useful and is included in the diet for treating celiac disease. You can enjoy these delicious meals that are free of gluten in restaurants also, if they have a gluten free menu. You can make use of the 7 days gluten free diet plans even for children with gluten intolerance, to help them fight celiac disease. The items that can be included for children are gluten free mini cherry crisps and gluten free honey nut vanilla parfait.
- 3 Popular Online Stores for Hunter Rain Boots
- Things You Need To Know About Ipads
- 3 leading laptops to buy for the best gaming experience
- Why add cushions to your rocking chair
- Best Nintendo Wii U bundles to look out for
- iPhone 12 mini versus iPhone 11 – Here’s how they compare
- Easy DIY children’s activities
- Financial benefits of starting a home-based business