Owning a home comes with several unexpected expenditures, which are not always covered by your homeowners’ insurance. In such cases, it proves handy to opt for a home warranty insurance plan, which is designed to cover what your homeowners’ insurance doesn’t. A home warranty insurance plan is considered to be the foil to your home insurance when the certain perils that wreaked havoc on your home—water damage, earthquake, floods, or mold—are not covered by your home warranty insurance.
Here are certain things you should know about home warranty insurance plans that will help you arrive at an informed decision.
How is a home warranty insurance plan different from homeowners’ insurance?
For starters, homeowners’ insurance covers damages that are caused by certain defined perils, such as straight-line winds, fire, burglary, hail, and other property claims. It even covers certain types of water damage. However, homeowners’ insurance doesn’t cover the expenses that are associated with appliances or home system failures unless these failures are caused by the said peril.
Home warranty insurance, on the other hand, covers things that aren’t covered by homeowners’ insurance. These are essentially service contracts that pay for the cost of repairs or replacement of appliances, built-in appliances such as heating and air conditioning, and plumbing, when they cease to function. It typically costs around $250-$500 annually but can run closer to $1,000 depending on what plan you choose.
How does home warranty insurance plan work?
A home warranty insurance plan works in a similar fashion as the product warranty for any appliance you might have purchased. When you opt for a home warranty insurance plan, the company pays for the repairs and replacement of the specific components of your home which are included in the policy, such as your HVAC system, furnace or boiler. You will have to pay an annual fee which is used for dispatching a contractor to your house for repairs whenever a problem arises.
What factors are covered by a home warranty insurance plan?
It is essential for you to know that home warranty companies tend to offer several tiers of coverage, and these are some of the common things that are covered:
- Basic coverage includes the cost of plumbing systems, dishwashers, oven ranges, garbage disposal, exhaust or ceiling fans, sump pump and water heaters, built-in microwaves or tubs, and heating and electrical systems.
- If you opt for enhanced coverage, it would include central air, clothing washers and dryers, refrigerators, and garage door openers. These items would be covered if you pay its additional charges.
- You can even choose from the optional warranty coverage, such as well pumps, pools and spas, standalone freezers, septic systems, and central vacuums.
Before you decide on a home warranty insurance plan, ensure that you shop around for it.
Things to look for while choosing from best refrigerator dealsRead More
Imagining a household without a refrigerator is impossible nowadays. But when it comes to purchasing the right refrigerator for your house, the task of choosing from the best refrigerator deals becomes a daunting task. With a number of designs and features being available in the market, you might find it confusing to pick the right deal. Therefore, here are a few tips that can help you choose one of the best refrigerators.
Knowing the exact type or style of a refrigerator is necessary to choose the right product. Until and unless you know whether it’s a bottom-mount you’re looking for or a French door style, or a side-by-side type of refrigerator or a top mount, choosing from the top refrigerators can never be possible.
Depending on the space you have in your kitchen, you should choose from best refrigerators. After all, selecting a refrigerator that won’t fit the available space is the last thing you’ll want to do.
Each refrigerator comes with a specific set of features. So, you need to determine whether the basic refrigeration features would do or you prefer specifics, such as spill-proof shelving, auto defrosting, and moisture control functions. The cost of the refrigerator would also depend on this factor.
In case you already have a budget, try to search for a refrigerator that meets all your feature specifications while meeting your budget too. And if you have the liberty to bring home the best, regardless of the budget, only your requirements are the limit for you. For those who prefer the best one for the most affordable prices, looking for discounted refrigerator sale can be helpful.
With so many different brands available out there with their unique refrigerator features, it’s best to explore them accordingly. In case you have a brand in mind already, look for the best refrigerator deals from them and find out whether that particular brand succeeds to meet all your requirements.
Purchasing the best suitable product requires both practicality and research. But with the right decision, the product can be a permanent fixture at your home without you having to worry about it for years!
4 essential features to look for in a business laptopRead More
“Hey there, I want you to buy 200 top-quality, high-performance laptops for our employees. And make sure they are good,” says your boss as you walk into the office on a Monday morning. Well, what better way to start the Monday blues than this?
Worry not! By the time you’re done with this article, selecting the best business laptops would be as easy as a breeze for you. Unlike home laptops, a business laptop has many more inbuilt features like fingerprint scanners, face readers, and Trusted Platform Module (TPM) so that no one gets into your system without your knowledge. So let’s get down with understanding what it takes to buy a top-notch business laptop.
- Multi-core processor: This is vital when it comes to getting the best business laptops. No business has even a minute to waste. And bearing that in mind, a multi-core processor makes sure your laptop doesn’t slow down while you’re running multiple apps like your browser, an antivirus scan, as well as your excel sheet, at the same time. Dual-core processors make for a smooth computing experience, while quad-core processors are good for heavy-duty graphic and database work.
- Memory: This is really simple to figure—the more the memory, the better and smoother the performance of your laptop. In fact, some of the best business laptops come endowed with a RAM as high as 16GB.
- Storage: A good business laptop needs to have a minimum of about 500GB disk space and this could go higher, depending on whether your business is data intrinsic or not. We recommend buying one that comes with SSD to get one of the best business laptops experience as it makes the functioning of your laptop ultra-smooth.
- Connectivity: For any business, connectivity is the key. The best business laptops come with an inbuilt mobile broadband card that ensures users enjoy a seamless Internet streaming experience. If not this, at least make sure your laptop has an 802.11g or preferably 802.11n Wi-Fi card.
Armed with this information, we’re sure you would do a good job of impressing your boss with your business laptop purchase!
- 5 Pieces to Buy During a PANDORA Charm Bracelet Sale
- How to clean your BBQ Grill
- Headaches: Diagnosis and alternative treatments
- Bring the true spirit of Christmas with these 5 things
- Gum Disease – Signs, causes and treatments
- Economical advance auto parts coupon codes and discounts
- How to find the best prepaid cell phone plans
- Picking the best cell phone deals